We provide consultancy services through a team of former and current Head and Deputy Head Teachers whose own schools or organisations have taken the Thinking Schools journey. Our consultants work with school leaders, taking time to understand their school’s individual situation and offering advice on how to embed cognitive teaching approaches into their organisation.
We complement our consultancy with teacher training. The training we offer varies depending on the needs of each organisation we work with.
- with governments and education authorities we typically support the development of 'hub' Thinking Schools through which regional and nationwide roll out can occur.
- with MAT and school groups we train centralised trainers within the group who can then flexibility introduce the approach, tools and pedagogy across their group of schools.
- with individual schools, dependent on the starting point of the school we tailor training that ranges from our core offering of six days with a specifically chosen school ‘drive’ team (or whole school staff if appropriate) over a period of up to three years backed by ongoing consultant support (see the process here), to individual INSET days or twilight sessions on specific elements of cognitive education (Deep Dive Days).
We also offer a range of other support services including:
- Online induction programme - introducing new teachers to the core concepts of being a Thinking School.
- Motivation Consultants
- a specialist team who diagnose levels of staff and pupil motivation, explore what
individual’s motivators are and how that information can be used to
improve performance and wellbeing.
- Membership of the Thinking Schools Network.
For more details on our services please take a closer look through this section of the website or call us to discuss.
Discuss your requirements with us in more depth